Gruden out as Raiders coach

All things NFL that are not related to the Bucs or NFC South.
OkieDokie
Rookie

Gruden out as Raiders coach

Ouch.

www.silverandblackpride.com/platform/am ... igns-coach

And to think, at one time there was a (very) outside possibility he could’ve come back to the Bucs. Imagine if we hadn’t made a deal with Bruce Arians when we did.

So glad to be a Bucs fan today.
Chas
Plank Owner

Re: Gruden out as Raiders coach

No responses, heh?

Well, what Gruden wrote was reprehensible. He was stupid for committing those thoughts to email. He deserved to lose his job over the emails.

I am curious about who leaked the emails. The NFL is denying they did it which makes me wonder if this is not a ransom situation where someone had to prove they had the dirt before making the demand. I would lean more towards the NFL not being honest though.
rook830
Plank Owner, Moderator

No problem with the firing. It is the Raiders decision . More of a problem with the removal from the Bucs Ring of Honor as Sapp is in there as well. He has a spouse abuse charge, sexual harassment charge (s) and a fake paternity test to get out of child support.

You don't want to look at any major sports Hall of Fame. Lot of skilled players and coaches who were also terrible human beings.
Chas
Plank Owner

rook830 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:43 pm No problem with the firing. It is the Raiders decision . More of a problem with the removal from the Bucs Ring of Honor as Sapp is in there as well. He has a spouse abuse charge, sexual harassment charge (s) and a fake paternity test to get out of child support.

You don't want to look at any major sports Hall of Fame. Lot of skilled players and coaches who were also terrible human beings.
I get where you are coming from with regard to revisionism. As I said in the other thread I think this is a symptom of a lack of tolerance and respect for people with opposing views. Gruden showed none in his emails. Had he been more respectful in representing his thoughts he would not be in the position he is now in. The same lack of tolerance and respect from the other side is what drives the desire to eradicate non-related accomplishments of people.

Our politicians and media on both sides are to blame for this. The media knows that controversy and division get more views. More views make money. The politicians know that showing zero tolerance and painting the other side as evil ensures they get strong support from their base. They are demonizing US citizens to get more votes. We used to only do that to foreign powers when we were at war with them. People are too stupid to understand that we all have more in common than the media or politicians tell us. Welcome to 1984.